The latest issue of SensorNet magazine is now available to view or download from our website. SensorNet is a member’s only resource, so if you have not yet joined us, check out our membership offers for new subscribers!
SensorNet 44, which is dedicated to SI in Ireland (including N.Ireland), includes:
- A letter from the Chair of the Sensory Integration Network which includes information on our hosting of the 4th European Sensory Integration Congress (ESIC) 2015 and our campaign for the withdrawal of the recently published COT professional practice briefing on Sensory Integration.
- An article on the history of Sensory Integration in Ireland by Dr Helen Lynch
- An update from the SI Network Conference and Events Team about their attendance at the 50th Anniversary of the Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland
- An Interview with Valerie Cribbin, an Irish Occupational Therapist, regarding her pioneering contribution to SI in Ireland
- An article review on a study which examined sensory processing patterns, activity choices and participation of children with autism in Ireland.
- The ESIC 2015 Programme summary
- An update from Professor Roseann Schaaf on why this year’s ESIC 2015 should not be missed
- Information on the launch of the book “Life Changing Learning through Sensory Integration”
- Dr. Greg Kelly (Ulster University) gives us an insight into forty years of Sensory Integration in the British Journal of Occupational Therapy in part one of this series
- Dr Joanne Fallon, OT for Enable Ireland, provides a literature review on publications related to SI in the first half of 2015.
- Two parents share their course feedback
Remember that the easy click-on links in the newsletter will put you directly in touch with the editorial team and we welcome feedback and ideas for future editions.
The Sensory Integration Network Editorial Team