2019 is a special year for us as it marks our Silver Jubilee! Throughout the year we’re going to be celebrating and marking this milestone in many different ways. Here are just a few of the many, exciting highlights we have planned:
- In April 2019, SIE representatives will be travelling to AOTA Annual Conference & Expo to bring back the latest evidence from this key OT conference.
- In June we will be sending members to contribute to the scientific programme of the European Sensory Integration Congress (ESIC) in Thessaloniki via our exciting Bursary Award Scheme.
- In October Rosalind Rogers, Chair, and Lelanie Brewer, Head of Education Programmes, will be travelling to Hong Kong to represent SIE at the International Sensory Integration Congress (ISIC), report back on the all the latest global research updates and attend key ICEASI meetings.
- We will also be continuing to work on our Legacy Project during 2019: a written, oral and photographic record of our organisation’s rich history to inspire and inform current and future SI practitioners, researchers and educators. If you have any photographs, documents or stories that you’d like to share with us, please drop us a line.
- And finally, we will be ending the year off with our own, ever-popular, Autumn Conference, which this year is themed “From Idea to Action” and will be held at Aston Conference Centre, on Saturday 16th November. Watch this space for more details!